Instructions for Ebook Downloads
If you have downloaded the Kindle or epub versions of our ebook, here’s how to transfer your ebook to your device.
Kindle File Download Instructions
The ebook comes in the mobi format, which is compatible with the Kindle and Kindle app on various devices, and smartphones that support this format.
To add a mobi-formatted ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- On your computer, drag and drop the “.mobi” ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- Your ebook should now appear in your Kindle library.
*For more on transferring files via USB or via the Kindle’s email service see your Kindle User’s Guide.
iPad/iPhone – Epub File Download Instructions
The ebook comes in the epub format, which is compatible with the iBooks app on your iPhone, iPad or other iOS device, as well as many other ebook readers (Nook, Sony Reader, Windows Phone, numerous Android apps).
To add a epub-formatted ebook to your iOS device:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- File -> Add to Library. Find the epub file you downloaded and select it.
- From the left menu in iTunes (under LIBRARY) choose Books.
- You should see the epub file you’ve added to your library. Right-click (or control-click) on a file to Get Info.
- Click the Options tab. Make sure the Media Kind is set to Book.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer. It should appear in the left menu under DEVICES.
- Select your iOS device in iTunes and navigate to the Books tab. Check the box next to Sync Books. Choose All Books or select the individual epub file to sync.
- Click the sync button to copy the files to your iOS device.
- Run iBooks on your device. The book will now appear in your library.